nina jane drystek writes poetry, prose & performance exploring the curiosities of language. she is the co-founder & co-curator of Riverbed Reading Series with Ellen Chang-Richardson, often hosts events for the Ottawa International Writers Festival, & sits on the editorial board of Arc Poetry Magazine. in her day-to-day, nina jane works as a manager of digital communications with Spruce Creative. on this site you can explore her work – past & present – as well as learn more about ongoing & upcoming projects & events.
- “vessel punish honey” was selected as an honourable mention for the 2022 Priscila Uppal Memorial Award for Poetry, judged by Liz Howard
- “late hibernal” was published in PRISM Summer Issue 60.4
- “listening to the universe: orbit” was published in SAND 24: UNDONE
- watch a performance of the sound poem awash as part of the Cosmic Chemistry performance (you can also watch the out the full event, including a duet with Grant Wilkins at 2:20)
- spotlight series #74: nina jane drystek via rob mclennan on Medium
- holy disorder of being is now available from Gap Riot Press, this is the second collaborative chapbook written by VII: nina jane drystek, Manahil Bandukwala, Ellen Chang-Richardson, Conyer Clayton, Chris Johnson, Margo LaPierre and Helen Robertson
- a:of:in nina jane’s experimental, visual poetry erasure of Anaïs Nin’s A Spy in the House of Love is now available from Gap Riot Press